What is the use of a tablet computer? A tablet computer, also called a portable computer, is a small, portable personal computer that uses a touch screen as a primary input device. So what are the functions of the tablet computer? Next, it mainly explains the six additional parts of the tablet computer: reading, memorizing words, calculator, alarm clock, reminder, shorthand and address book, multimedia functions, and games. Next, let’s look at tablet computers’ uses and functions.
What is a tablet?
A tablet computer, also called a portable computer, is a small, portable personal computer with a touch screen as the primary input device. It has a touchscreen (also known as tablet technology) that allows users to work with a stylus or digital pen instead of a traditional keyboard or mouse. Users can enter via built-in handwriting recognition, an on-screen soft keyboard, voice recognition, or a real keyboard (if the model is equipped).
Tablet computers were proposed by Bill Gates and should support chip architectures from X86 (Intel, AMD) and ARM. Tablet computers are divided into ARM architecture and X86 architecture. The latter X86 architecture tablet computers generally use Intel processors and Windows operating systems. Complete computer and tablet functions, support exe program.
The rapid growth of communication technology accompanies the development of the tablet computer. As an emerging technology, CDMA and CDMA2000 are rapidly becoming popular worldwide and occupy 18% of the wireless market. As of 2012, the number of CDMA2000 users worldwide has exceeded 256 million, and 156 operators in 70 countries have commercialized 3G CDMA services. From the concept product of the tablet PC proposed by Microsoft, the tablet PC is a PC that does not need a flip, has no keyboard, is small enough to fit in a woman’s handbag, but has complete functions.
Tablet PC Uses and Functions
In the past, when there were trivial matters on many occasions, I often wanted to charge and read books. Still, computer books are generally thicker, which is inconvenient to carry around. Now, with PDA, we can read it anytime and anywhere. The number of books stored in a PDA&PPC is related to your machine’s memory capacity. Usually, except for standard software, it is no problem to install a dozen books, and there is no problem. Will add weight. There are many free ebook resources available online that can be easily found. There is also a lot of reading software. QED is a very famous and easy-to-use E-BOOK software, and the program is tiny. The PPC series also has Microsoft’s display enhancement technology, which does not seem so different from reading an electronic screen and an ordinary book. Of course, it is not clear to see the screen of a PDA under intense light (such as sunlight), but who would always read a book in the sun…
Learning English follows the principle of any time, anywhere, and memorizing words is no exception. Generally speaking, there is not much software for memorizing words, which has much to do with foreigners not needing to learn words.
With PDA, your size calculator can be idle. In the current PALM and WINCE platforms, many excellent ordinary calculators, scientific calculators, engineering calculators, and professional calculator software have accumulated. It feels pretty good to use. Great value and 90% free.
4. Alarm clock, reminder, shorthand, and address book
This function is not big or small, at least for me. It is my nature to forget more and less, and I often forget to do one thing. I have used the efficiency manual for a period, which feels too cumbersome, impractical, and wasteful. Using the PDA to record any data at work, arrange a trip, and remind the event is beneficial. And can register at any time; there are PDA automatic adjustment reminders, relatively derived functions, and project tracking management. Whether the PALM series or the PPC series, there is a gap in the way of reminders. The better reminder function is PALM M100 (loud bell, with separate clock display) and the PPC series.
5. Multimedia function
The PPC series at present have realized this function, and the PALM series can also be recognized through accessories but need to be purchased separately. I’m a person who can’t live without music, and I agree with the saying, “music can even quell wars.” Listening to some music while you are busy is very good for regulating your mood and emotions. Your work will naturally go smoothly when you are in a good mood. MP3 and WMA music can be played on all PPC series machines, and most PPCs are provided with high-quality earphones. The playback quality is no different from that of an ordinary MP3 player but limited by the capacity; there are not many songs that can be installed (generally 2 to 3 pieces), depending on your machine’s memory capacity. Currently, most models support Additional storage devices, such as IBM’s 1GB MICRO DRIVER.
Games are a unique feature on PDAs. My personal opinion: games on a PDA can’t be played without. The games that can be played at present, PALM, have the absolute upper hand, and the games developed for PALM are several times that of WINCE. And there are a lot of color games that have emerged recently. The more famous ones on PALM are Airplane, Booty2000, MiserMind, etc. There are famous ones, such as Monopoly on WINCE, but some excellent games must be charged.
And the most important one: there is a GB emulator on the PDA; that’s enough; countless games are waiting for you.
Finally, some valuable functions include spreadsheet, personal finance, fax, electronic map, horoscope fortune-telling, remote control, database management, etc. There are too many, and how you use them is up to you.
What are the functions of tablet computers?
1. Weight and dimensions: Most tablet PCs today are at least 0.5 inches thick (about 1.27 cm) and weigh about 1.5 pounds (about 681 grams). But for long-term use, the ultimate tablet should weigh only 1 pound (454 grams) and be another 0.1 inches thick (roughly the thickness of an iPhone 4).
2. Anti-glare screen: Current tablet PCs allow users to have a very comfortable viewing experience for movies and photos indoors. But once in bright light outside, the iPad’s screen suddenly turns into an expensive mirror. The ultimate tablet needs better anti-glare features; at least, an anti-glare coating should be available to users.
3. Bracket design: Some smartphones on the market have a bracket design, which is convenient to support and fix the device. Adding a stand to your tablet is a breeze.
4. USB interface: To facilitate use, users often need to connect a keyboard, mouse, thumb memory, or other peripheral devices to the tablet computer. So the ultimate tablet needs to have a standard USB interface design.
5. HDMI: Users can enjoy a comfortable experience when watching TV, movies, home videos, or photos on the tablet. But users need a more straightforward and standard High-Definition Multimedia Interface (HDMI) to get the same viewing experience on a larger display.
7. Instant Start: One of the most significant advantages of iPad and new Android tablets, including the Samsung Galaxy Tab, compared to previous Windows tablet devices is the instant start function, which is as easy and fast to start as a mobile phone. If it can have an instant start function, windows7 will probably become a member of the tablet operating system.
8. Dual front and rear cameras: If you’ve ever used a tablet to say goodnight to your two-year-old from 3,000 miles away, then you’d think the front-facing camera is convenient and a must-have for your tablet. The tablet must also be equipped with a rear camera for everyday shooting.
9. Unified and open video system: With the rapid development of social media, including video chat, all social media devices need a unified and open video system. Tablets should lead the way here.
10. Support IP printing: Most employees use tablet computers when they work, and they all hope to realize IP printing functions directly through the tablet without resorting to third-party application software externally connected to the computer.