Flying ball toys are compact and lightweight balls that are designed to fly through the air when thrown or launched. They are usually made of soft, flexible materials and are powered by small batteries or motors. These toys are easy to operate, either through a remote control or by a simple button on the ball.
- 1 Fly Ball Toys Buying Guide
- 2 Advantages and disadvantages of flying ball toys
- 3 flying toy type
- 4 How do I control a flying toy?
- 5 How do I fix a flying toy that is not working properly?
- 6 How do I clean a flying toy?
- 7 How do I store a flying toy when it is not in use?
- 8 How do I use a flying ball?
To add to the excitement, some flying ball toys come with LED lights that produce a colorful and visually stunning display when the toy is in flight. They are highly popular among people of all ages and can be used for indoor or outdoor entertainment, providing hours of fun.
The 12 Best Flying Ball Toys of 2023：Tested and Reviewed
|flying airplane toy with remote control||AMERFIST Flying Ball Toys|
|best flying toys for adults||Force1 Scoot Hand Operated Drone|
|best flying toys||Hatchimals Pixies|
|toys that fly indoors||kizplays&TIECKE Flying Ball Kids Toys|
|best remote control flying toys||B. toys – Light-Up Disco Flyers|
|flying toy plane||Battat – Skyrocopter – Flying Disc Toy|
|flying toys for 5 year olds||MINIGO Flying Ball Toys|
1.flying airplane toy with remote control：AMERFIST Flying Ball Toys
If you’re looking for a great gift for kids aged 8 and up, you might want to check out the TSM006-B Flying Orb Toy. This cool flying spinner ball toy is designed to levitate magically and it comes with an intelligent boomerang feature that kids can enjoy playing with for hours on end with their buddies.
The TSM006-B is made of polypropylene material and boasts a unique upgraded design that makes it super durable and resistant to falls. It has four different types of light, which adds to the fun factor, and the LED light bar provides a cold light that helps to maintain the ideal temperature while in flight.The ball is also really easy to charge via USB and can be flown for up to 10 minutes once it’s fully charged. All in all, the TSM006-B Flying Orb Toy is a fantastic toy that kids of all ages will love playing with.
Key Features of TSM006-B Flying Orb Toy:
- Fall resistant
- Cold LED light bar
- Boomerang effects
- Highly elastic
- Resistant to crashes
- Slightly overpriced
2.best flying toys for adults：Force1 Scoot Hand Operated Drone
Pros: These days, drones are a ubiquitous toy that delights people of all ages. But if you have a younger kid, you might be hesitant to invest in some of the pricier models. This simple hand-operated drone is the perfect solution. Since it relies on the built-in five sensors as well as hand operation, your children won’t have to figure out how to operate manual controls. And this USB recharging offers up to 8 minutes of fly time with every 50 minutes of charge.
Cons: Even though this product is made with children in mind, the total flying time on a full charge is pretty low. With only 8 minutes of fly time, you can expect to have some frustrated children just a few minutes after you hand this drone to them.
Bottom Line: If you have young children who’ve been pestering you for a drone, but you’re not ready to invest in a pricier model, this is a good entry option with fairly easy controls. However, it has a short flight time on a full charge.
3.best flying toys：Hatchimals Pixies
Pros: This I a fun hybrid between a drone and a more traditional toy doll. This Hatchimals Pixies Fairy can easily fly and comes with an auto-stop feature. Similar to other hand-operated drones, you won’t need a remote control to guide the toy’s movements. And it comes with a Crystal Egg Display Case as well as a USB charging cable.
Cons: The brand fails to disclose how much flying time you get on a single charge or how long it takes to fully recharge the toy. Additionally, a common parental complaint was that the Pixie had a knack for getting stuck in children’s hair — often leading to unwanted home haircuts.
Bottom Line: If you’re looking for something a little more exciting than the traditional hand-operated drones, this is a cute themed version designed to look like a pixie. It comes with an auto-stop feature, but the brand fails to share how long it can fly between charges and what a recharge cycle timeline looks like. Plus, that pixie can get stuck in hair, becoming a nightmare for parents.
4.toys that fly indoors：kizplays&TIECKE Flying Ball Kids Toys
Are you looking for a toy that multiple kids can play with together? Look no further than the Flying Drone Toy! This fun toy is easy to operate with hand control, making it perfect for kids of all ages to play with. Whether you have one child or several, giving them a Fly Ball will keep them entertained for hours on end.
The Fly Ball is designed with dazzling and colorful disco lights that make it attractive to the eye and more fun to play with, especially at night. It’s also built with multiple protection features, such as automatically sensing objects underneath and flying away after 3-5 seconds to ensure safety, stopping whirling when it falls to the ground or collides with other objects, and flexible, durable wings that resist damage when it falls.
The Infrared Induction Flying Toys make it easy to control the Fly Ball with your hands. When switched on, the Fly Ball lights up in 3-5 seconds and flies upward intelligently, hovering in the air to a certain height after one inducing. There’s no need to worry about it flying away after playing for a while, and if you want to stop it, you can simply grab it from the side without touching the propellers.
This toy is perfect for indoor and outdoor play, and it’s sure to make a great gift for any boy or girl aged 8-15. Whether it’s for a birthday, Christmas, or just a fun toy for a kid’s vacation, the Fly Ball is sure to provide hours of entertainment and fun for kids of all ages.
5.best remote control flying toys：B. toys – Light-Up Disco Flyers
The flying disc from B.toys is a cool toy that lights up as it flies through the air. To get it going, all you need to do is pull the string and watch it soar! With its ergonomic disc launcher design, it’s easy to hold and use, making it a great toy for toddlers both indoors and outdoors.
During its flight, the disc creates luminous patterns that are sure to capture your child’s attention and imagination. It’s a fun way for kids to pass the time while also getting some much-needed vitamin D outside. Whether you’re hanging out in the backyard or playing in the living room, the B.toys flying disc is sure to provide hours of entertainment for your little ones.
- Easy non-slip grip
- Small hands-friendly
- Battery compartment
- On/off switch present
- LED lights
6.flying toy plane：Battat – Skyrocopter – Flying Disc Toy
Pros: Almost anyone who’s spent time around toddlers knows that the simpler the toy, the better off you’ll be. This age group can get excited about an empty box. So, if you want to introduce them to flying toys but don’t want anything too complicated or easy to break, these simple flying discs are a solid choice. All you do is pull the string, and the discs go flying. And it’s rated safe for kids as young as three.
Cons: Some parents noted that the pull string can fall apart prematurely.
Bottom Line: If you’re looking for a toy that will keep younger tots entertained for hours, this very easy-to-use flying disc toy set is the perfect solution.
7.flying toys for 5 year olds：MINIGO Flying Ball Toys
The Minirgo Flying Ball Toy is an awesome addition to our list of the best flying boomerang balls. Not only can kids have a blast performing smart stunts and manoeuvres with this boomerang spinner, but adults can also join in on the fun! With smart controls, you can perform amazing tricks with precision during flight, and there are even 3 LED lights to choose from to make your flight time even more colourful.
This hand-operated drone is perfect for competing with friends, featuring a smooth flying pattern and boomerang effects that are easy for kids to learn. After a 25-minute charge time, you can operate this ball for 30 minutes, making it a great toy to take with you on the go. It’s light, portable, and made of high-quality materials, making it the perfect choice for kids who want to fly like a pro.
Whether you’re looking to buy boomerang spinner balls online or at your nearest offline store, the Minirgo Flying Ball Toy should definitely be at the top of your list. With its impressive features and durability, it’s sure to provide hours of entertainment for kids and adults alike!
- The idea for kids and adults
- Long battery life
- Build quality could have been better
Pros: When you’re looking for a good indoor/outdoor flying toy that won’t leave marks on your walls or injure anyone, this two-pack set of foam airplanes is the perfect choice. They’re safe for kids as young as 3 years old and don’t have any hard or sharp parts. Although assembly is required, it’s fairly foolproof, and you might be amazed by the fact that these planes are quite large at 17.5 by 17.5 inches.
Cons: Some parents did note that sometimes you need to add a little extra weight to the nose to get the plane to stay airborne for longer. Likewise, if your child uses this toy frequently, don’t be surprised if the wings begin to get a bit wobbly.
Bottom Line: Get the kids off the screens with this fun, easy-to-assemble set of gliding planes. But if you want to get the planes to fly farther, you’ll need to add some weight to the nose or body.
9.Betheaces Flying Ball Toys
- Great for kids and beginners.
- Fun light feature.
- Up to 15 minutes of flying time.
- The remote doesn’t always respond as fast as it should.
Are you searching for an easy-to-fly toy for outdoor fun? Look no further than this model! It’s tough and simple to operate, especially when compared to advanced helicopter toys. The small remote control included allows for takeoff and landing, and once airborne, your child can use hand gestures to control the flight path.The flying ball is equipped with an induction feature, allowing it to sense objects underneath and move away to avoid collisions. Additionally, the built-in gyroscope stabilizes the toy when flying.
As it soars through the sky, the mini disco ball will emit bright and vibrant colors. The propellers on top enable it to hover in place, creating a spectacular light show, especially in outdoor settings at night.The toy is crafted from non-toxic ABS material and charges via a compatible USB cable. After a full charge, your child can enjoy eight to 15 minutes of mini-disco flying fun!
10.Cheerwing S107/S107G Phantom 3CH 3.5
- Good for older kids.
- Hover technology.
- Ability to withstand crashes.
- Durable material.
- Probably too lightweight to use outdoors.
We’ve selected an exciting yet affordable option as our budget choice – a mini RC helicopter. With its advanced gyro system, even adults can enjoy playing with this toy.
Built with a strong metal frame, this mini helicopter is durable and can withstand crashes. Proper care will extend its lifespan and ensure it lasts for a long time.
11.VATOS Remote Control Helicopter Toys
- Supports basic movements, perfect for kids.
- Advanced barometric pressure technology.
- Color changing LED lights.
- Short flying time between charges.
- Controls are quite sensitive and may be difficult for younger users.
We selected Vatos’ mini helicopter as the best small RC helicopter for kids. Measuring only 3.1 inches in length, it’s suitable for children aged 14 and up. Despite being lightweight, it’s highly durable, capable of surviving minor crashes. The remote control has 3.5 channels that support essential movements like up, down, forward, and backward.
This helicopter is ideal for beginners because it comes equipped with gyroscope technology, which makes it easier to control. After a 60-minute charge, the flight time is an average of 6-8 minutes, and a USB cable is included for charging.
12.SYMA Latest Remote Control Drone with Gyro
- Aerobic flight mode for endless fun.
- Landing pad included.
- Unique design — helicopter drone combo.
- Included altitude hold.
- Not good in wind.
- Short flying time between charges.
If you’re looking to treat your child to an exciting gift, the SYMA RC Helicopter is definitely worth considering. Although it’s recommended for kids aged 14 and up, some happy customers have given it to children as young as eight (although we advise caution).
This helicopter has an impressive range of aerobatic flight capabilities, allowing you to perform a variety of cool tricks in the air. You can make it spin, do 360° flips, jump up and down, fly left to right, and enjoy regular flying, providing endless entertainment.The aircraft even comes with a landing pad, allowing you to practice target landings and ensure safe and professional landings. Charging takes less than 60 minutes, and you can enjoy five to seven minutes of flight time per charge.
Fly Ball Toys Buying Guide
When shopping for a flying ball toy, there are several factors to consider:
- Age range: Make sure to choose a toy that is age-appropriate for the user.
- Size and weight: Some flying ball toys are larger and heavier than others, which can affect their flight characteristics. Consider the size and weight of the toy if you plan to use it in a small space or if you want it to be easy to transport.
- Material: Most flying ball toys are made of soft, flexible materials, but some may have harder or more rigid components. Consider the material of the toy if you are concerned about safety or durability.
- Power source: Some flying ball toys are powered by batteries, while others are powered by a small motor. Consider the power source of the toy if you are concerned about the cost or convenience of replacing batteries.
- Control options: Some flying ball toys can be controlled by a remote, while others are controlled by a button on the toy itself. Consider the control options of the toy if you want to have more control over its movement or if you want a more hands-free experience.
- Additional features: Some flying ball toys come with additional features, such as LED lights or sound effects. Consider these features if they are important to you or if you think they will add to the enjoyment of the toy.
Advantages and disadvantages of flying ball toys
Advantages of flying ball toys:
- They provide a fun and engaging way to play indoors or outdoors.
- They can help improve hand-eye coordination and fine motor skills.
- They are often lightweight and portable, making them easy to take on the go.
- Some flying ball toys come with additional features, such as LED lights or sound effects, which can add to the enjoyment of the toy.
Disadvantages of flying ball toys:
- They may not be suitable for younger children due to small parts or potential choking hazards.
- Some flying ball toys may not be as durable as other types of toys, and may need to be replaced more frequently.
- They may require batteries or a power source, which can add to the cost of using the toy.
- Some flying ball toys may be loud or make noise, which could be annoying to some users or those around them.
- They may not fly as well in certain conditions, such as strong winds or rain.
flying toy type
There are many different types of flying toys available, including:
- Flying discs: These are flat, disc-shaped toys that are designed to be thrown and caught.
- Boomerangs: These are shaped like a “V” and are designed to be thrown and caught, or to fly in a circular pattern and return to the thrower.
- Gliders: These are toy planes that are designed to glide through the air without the use of a motor.
- Remote control helicopters: These are small, helicopter-shaped toys that can be controlled with a remote.
- Drones: These are unmanned aerial vehicles that can be controlled with a remote or a smartphone app.
- Kites: These are toys that are designed to be flown in the air by the wind.
- Paper airplanes: These are small, lightweight planes that are made from paper and are designed to be thrown and fly through the air.
- Blimps: These are large, balloon-like toys that are filled with gas and are designed to float in the air.
Flying Toys FAQ
Flying toys can be safe for children if they are used properly and if age-appropriate toys are selected. It is important to follow the safety instructions and warnings that come with the toy, and to supervise children when they are playing with flying toys.
How do I control a flying toy?
The method of control for a flying toy will depend on the specific toy. Some flying toys, such as remote control helicopters or drones, can be controlled with a remote. Others, such as boomerangs or gliders, are controlled by the way they are thrown or launched. Still others, such as kites, are controlled by the movement of the string.
How do I fix a flying toy that is not working properly?
If a flying toy is not working properly, there are a few steps you can try:
- Check the batteries or power source to make sure it is working properly.
- Check the connections and make sure everything is secure.
- Follow the troubleshooting steps in the instruction manual.
- If the toy is still not working, it may need to be repaired or replaced.
How do I clean a flying toy?
To clean a flying toy, follow these steps:
- Remove any dirt or debris from the toy with a soft, dry cloth.
- If the toy is particularly dirty, you can wipe it down with a cloth that has been dampened with water.
- Avoid using harsh cleaning products or getting the toy too wet, as this can damage it.
- Allow the toy to dry completely before using it again.
How do I store a flying toy when it is not in use?
To store a flying toy when it is not in use, follow these steps:
- Make sure the toy is clean and dry.
- If the toy has any removable parts, such as wings or blades, make sure they are securely attached.
- Place the toy in a dry, cool location out of reach of children.
- If the toy is particularly large or delicate, you may want to store it in its original packaging or in a protective case.
How do I use a flying ball?
To use a flying ball toy, follow these steps:
- Charge the battery or install fresh batteries according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Turn on the toy by pressing the power button or activating it through the remote control.
- If the toy has a remote control, follow the manufacturer’s instructions to pair the toy with the remote.
- Stand a safe distance away from the toy, as it may fly erratically or quickly when first activated.
- Use the remote control or the button on the toy to make it take off and fly.
- Control the toy’s flight by using the remote control or by making physical contact with the toy.
- When you are finished playing with the toy, turn it off and store it in a safe location.
Note: Always follow the manufacturer’s instructions for using the toy and for charging the battery or replacing the batteries.