How often should razor blades be replaced? Razor blades are generally replaced about once a week because they are safer and more hygienic. If the beard is thicker and more complex, it can be replaced more frequently. Be careful not to put the razor blade in a damp place so as not to breed bacteria or rust; it will be wrong. What are the steps for replacing razor blades?
How often should razor blades be changed?
Generally speaking, it is replaced once every 2 months, but the hardness of individual beards and the number of beards also determine the blade replacement frequency. When the shaving blade feels jerky, and the shave is not smooth, the shaving tool is signaling to change. Of course, to make the life of the edge longer, it is recommended not to throw away the knife case that comes with the razor when you buy it. After shaving, rinse the blade with clean water and put it in the knife case to air dry. Do not litter on the sink; this will only allow the edge to breed bacteria and shorten the blade’s life.
1. Under normal circumstances, a blade should be changed every 5-7 times. But actually, how often to change the edge depends on how thick Mr. beard is and how often he shaves;
2. After shaving, use the brush to remove the dander along the blade, and then spray the cleaning and disinfection lubricant to keep the edge sharp.
3. Clean the cutter head frequently, but pay special attention not to damage the blade when cleaning. When rinsing the knife body with clean water, it is best not to touch the body with water. If the product you are using is wet and dry, the base part should still not touch water to avoid damage to the motor.
4. Do not use an electric shaver with insufficient power. Reluctance to use it will cause the internal wear of the motor of the electric shaver.
5. The cutting edges and pores of the inner and outer knives are easy to hide shavings and dander.
6. Try to clean with a small brush. Because the solidification of shavings and skin oil will hinder the movement and sharpness of the blade, it is necessary to remove the debris left on edge frequently.
7. Since the outer knife is thin, do not push it with a large knife to avoid deformation. Once deformed, it will hinder the rotation of the inner blade or cut the skin when using it. If the cutting edge is deformed and damaged, it should not be used again. Otherwise, there is a risk of cutting.
8. Disconnect the switch after use. To protect the blade, you must put on the protective cover, put it in the box, and store the shaver in a dry place.
Replacing razor blades
1. Confirm the sharpness of the razor blade. When it is difficult to shave, it needs to be replaced.
2. Press the button on the handle with your thumb, push the button hard, and the old blade will pop out.
3. Insert the handle into the prepared new blade, paying attention to the direction. Push hard, and there is a clear snapping sound; the razor blade is replaced successfully.
How many shaves does a safety razor last?
Most safety razor blades last around 5 shaves (plus or minus) to give you a ballpark estimate. However, while you might want to enjoy the cost savings of classic wet shaving, don’t sacrifice a superior shave! It is always better to change your razor blade before you need to, rather than after a bad shave.
Do safety razor blades expire?
Shortly, Yes. Razor blades expire if you have opened the package of razors due to exposure to air. Otherwise, unopened and sealed containers of razor blades can last forever.
How do I know if my razor is dull?
The best indicator it’s time for a new blade is dullness. If your razor blade pulls at your hair, feels rough on your skin, or you notice more skin irritation than normal post-shave, it’s time to replace it.
How long should a razor blade last?
Ideally, you want to change your razor blade after 5-10 shaves. Gillette recommends 5-7 shaves, but this is just a general rule, and it comes down more to the thickness and density of your facial hair.