Blood pressure smartwatches are wearable gadgets created to measure and keep track of your blood pressure levels. These watches utilize state-of-the-art sensors and algorithms to provide real-time readings of your blood pressure. They may also come with additional features like heart rate and sleep monitoring, as well as fitness tracking. Some models can even connect to your smartphone or other devices, letting you view your blood pressure readings and monitor your health data over time.
- 1 Advantages and disadvantages of blood pressure smart watch
- 2 Do I Need to Track My Blood Pressure?
- 3 Blood Pressure Watches Buying Guide
- 4 Are these really the best blood pressure watches?
- 5 Is a blood pressure watch accurate?
- 6 How do I choose a blood pressure watch?
- 7 How do I use a blood pressure watch?
- 8 Can I rely on a blood pressure watch for my blood pressure readings?
- 9 How do you check blood pressure on a smartwatch?
9 best blood pressure smart watches in 2023: Our Top Picks
|Most accurate blood pressure watch||SAMSUNG Galaxy Watch 4|
|Most lightweight blood pressure watch||OMRON|
|Best overall||HalfSun Fitness Tracker|
|Best champion||Smart Watch|
|Best runner-up||MorePro Heart Rate Monitor Blood Pressure Fitness Activity Tracker|
|Best runner-up||WAFA Fitness Tracker|
|Editor’s Picks||yussa Smart Watch|
- Very intuitive UX
- Different sizes
- Numerous fitness and health tracking features
- Stylish designs
- Reasonably priced
- Only for Android users
- Blood Pressure is based on sensors
- Limited battery life
The Galaxy Watch 4, along with the Apple Watch and Fitbit, offers FDA-cleared EKG capabilities to detect Atrial Fibrillation and Heart rhythm abnormalities, making it a rare smartwatch with this feature. However, the blood pressure monitor and oxygen level monitor are not FDA cleared, so they should only be used for informational purposes, and any concerns should be discussed with a doctor.
Despite this limitation, the Samsung Galaxy Watch 4’s impressive healthcare capabilities and stunning design make it our top pick. With a wide variety of customizable watch faces to choose from, you can easily find one that fits your mood or needs. The only downside is the battery life, which lasts up to 40 hours, but still beats the Apple Watch 7’s meager 18-hour battery life by a significant margin.
The device has received FDA clearance and utilizes an inflatable cuff within the watchband. To take your blood pressure, simply activate the cuff, and it will take approximately 30 seconds to provide a reading.
The device seamlessly syncs with the HeartAdvisor app, which offers valuable insights into your readings. The app organizes your data into color-coded graphs that allow you to monitor trends in your readings based on factors like exercise and time of day. The HeartAdvisor app is available on both Android and Apple devices.
Pros: Readings are quick and accurate, and the watch has lots of amenities besides blood pressure. It also helps you track and monitor fitness goals and sleep patterns. The display is simple to read, even if you are farsighted. The watch can send notifications when you receive texts and emails, and an extended warranty is available from the manufacturer to protect your purchase.
Cons: Some reviewers say that this watch is bulky and uncomfortable to wear. It’s also important that you get the right size for your wrist. People with slim wrists might find this watch heavy. The biggest con of all might be the price, which is the highest on our list. Even though it’s incredibly expensive, the watch does not appear to be waterproof.
In addition to the typical smartwatch features like Bluetooth connectivity, GPS, remote camera control, alarms, and daily activity tracking, the HalfSun tracker offers continuous monitoring of your heart rate and blood pressure. It tracks your daily activity, including steps taken, active minutes, and sleep patterns. What’s more, it includes a cycle tracker specifically designed for women that can be easily enabled or disabled based on individual needs.
The Pradory Smart Watch is a perfect tool for maintaining an active and healthy lifestyle. It provides essential functions for heart health such as continuous monitoring of heart rate and blood pressure, as well as a sedentary reminder that alerts you to move around after sitting for prolonged periods. This feature is especially helpful for those who have busy work schedules and find it challenging to add more physical activity to their day.
The watch offers eight sports modes that cater to various activities, from the gym to the court, and is even waterproof, making it suitable for swimming. Other essential features include sleep tracking, weather updates, camera control, pedometer, and alarm clock functions. The Pradory Smart Watch is also compatible with both iOS and Android devices, connecting through Bluetooth and boasting a battery life of five to seven days.
Top5.MorePro Heart Rate Monitor Blood Pressure Fitness Activity Tracker
With this fitness and sleep tracker, you can take blood pressure and heart rate readings that are stored in a companion app. According to online reviews, many users find it to be remarkably reliable, especially considering its affordable price.
Pros: It includes a heart rate alarm feature and a fatigue test. Other interesting features include an alert system that tells you to stand up when you’ve been sitting for too long. Even though this watch is priced for a smaller budget, it’s waterproof. You can choose from several different color bands according to your preference. No wires are required to charge on the wireless charging station.
Cons: This watch isn’t the most stylish of the bunch, and no one is going to mistake it for a regular watch. The display is meant to be easy to read, but the screen is a bit small. There doesn’t seem to be any warranty available for this watch, though you can purchase a replacement strap if it breaks.
Track your blood pressure, heart rate, and sleep quality in real-time with this fitness tracker, allowing you to obtain a precise and continuous overview of your health. It also monitors your activity levels through features such as sports mode, GPS, distance tracking, a stopwatch, and more. Furthermore, it reminds you to get up and move around when you’ve been sedentary for too long.
Stay connected with call and messaging alerts, as well as a morning alarm to ensure you wake up on time. This fitness tracker boasts a powerful battery life, lasting five to seven days on a single two-hour charge. Additionally, you can select from a range of fun colors, such as black, white, blue, and green, to match your personal style.
The Yussa Smart Watch allows you to measure your blood pressure throughout the day, providing greater convenience than a traditional cuff and eliminating the need to stay connected to your phone. With a long-lasting seven-day battery life, you won’t miss out on important readings.
This watch also tracks blood oxygen levels, which is essential for athletes and adventurers. A large LCD screen ensures that results are easy to read, and additional features include various sport tracking modes such as walking, running, cycling, skipping, badminton, basketball, football, and swimming. It is also rated IP67 waterproof and can control your music, camera, and alarm clock.
8.YHE Blood Pressure Monitor Watch
- Very accurate blood pressure
- Track heart rate and sleep
- Longer battery life
- Compatible with Android and iOS
- Bit expensive
- Only splashproof
- Limited health tracking features
The YHE Blood Pressure Monitor is a recently launched wearable that allows you to measure your blood pressure. Its patented auto-inflating cuff is located within the strap, ensuring comfort and ease of use. This lightweight watch eliminates the need for multiple devices, making it ideal for people on-the-go.
In addition to blood pressure, the YHE watch tracks blood oxygen, heart rate variability (HRV), and SpO2 levels. The watch features a 1.4″ AMOLED display with a resolution of 320 x 360 pixels, which is easy to read even in direct sunlight.
The watch is equipped with a 170mAh Lipo battery that lasts up to two days on a single charge. However, using the always-on display feature can drain the battery quickly, reducing its lifespan to just 15 hours.
The YHE smartwatch is primarily designed for blood pressure monitoring and basic fitness tracking. It lacks advanced features such as GPS, electrocardiogram, and other sensors. The watch tracks your steps, distance, and calories burned. If you need a highly advanced fitness tracker, you may want to consider other options like the Galaxy Watch 5 or the Apple Watch Ultra (which does not have a blood pressure monitor).
9.Popglory Smartwatch with Blood Pressure
- Affordable blood pressure monitoring watch
- Accurate blood pressure reading
- Music Control
- Multiple sport modes
- Longer battery life
- Not waterproof
- B.P. is not clinically validated or approved for clinical use
The Popglory budget blood pressure monitoring watch is a popular choice for those seeking a cost-effective option. In addition to blood pressure, it also features heart rate and SpO2 monitoring, sedentary reminders, and sleep tracking.This smartwatch has a similar design and features as the Kalinco Fitness Tracker Watch, including seven sport tracking modes. While it may not be as advanced as a Garmin or Fitbit, it is suitable for beginners.
To track your fitness data, you must download the HeroBandⅢ app, which is available for both Android and iOS. The app and watch have a user-friendly interface. You can also receive smartphone notifications, such as calls, SMS, and social media.The watch has a battery life of ten days with normal usage, and it takes approximately two hours to charge, similar to most smartwatches and fitness trackers.
Advantages and disadvantages of blood pressure smart watch
Here are some potential advantages and disadvantages of using a blood pressure smart watch:
- Convenience: A blood pressure smart watch allows you to monitor your blood pressure anytime, anywhere. You don’t need to visit a doctor or use a separate blood pressure monitor.
- Real-time monitoring: With a blood pressure smart watch, you can get real-time readings of your blood pressure, which can help you track changes in your blood pressure and identify patterns.
- Comprehensive health tracking: Some blood pressure smart watches also have additional features such as heart rate monitoring, sleep tracking, and fitness tracking, which can provide a more comprehensive view of your overall health.
- Connectivity: Many blood pressure smart watches can sync with your smartphone or other device, allowing you to view your blood pressure readings and track your health data over time.
- Accuracy: While most blood pressure smart watches are designed to be accurate, they may not be as accurate as traditional blood pressure monitors. It’s important to check the accuracy of your smart watch against a traditional monitor to ensure that your readings are accurate.
- Cost: Blood pressure smart watches can be more expensive than traditional blood pressure monitors.
- Dependence on technology: If your smart watch runs out of battery or experiences technical problems, you may not be able to get blood pressure readings.
- Privacy concerns: If you’re using a blood pressure smart watch that connects to your smartphone or other device, you may be concerned about the privacy of your health data. It’s important to carefully review the privacy policies of any smart watch you’re considering and take steps to protect your data.
Do I Need to Track My Blood Pressure?
If you’re a relatively healthy person with no known blood pressure issues, you don’t have to track your blood pressure. However, it can provide some interesting insights and help you keep on top of things. If you do have high blood pressure, regular monitoring can be helpful. You’ll be able to see if it gets higher, identify triggers for increases, and give your general care practitioner better insights into your health.5 very good reasons to track your blood pressure at home
Best Blood Pressure Monitor Smart Watch 2023
Blood Pressure Watches Buying Guide
Here are some things to consider when buying a blood pressure watch:
- Accuracy: Look for a blood pressure watch that has been validated for accuracy by a reputable third party. You may also want to compare the readings from your blood pressure watch to those from a traditional blood pressure monitor to ensure that the watch is accurate.
- Features: Consider the features that are important to you. Do you want a watch that tracks your heart rate, sleep, and fitness as well as your blood pressure? Do you want a watch that connects to your smartphone or other device?
- Compatibility: If you want to sync your blood pressure watch with your smartphone or other device, make sure that the watch is compatible with your device.
- Ease of use: Look for a blood pressure watch that is easy to use and has clear, easy-to-read displays.
- Battery life: Consider the battery life of the watch. If you plan to use it frequently, you may want to look for a watch with a longer battery life.
- Price: Blood pressure watches can range in price from under $100 to over $500. Determine your budget and look for a watch that offers the features you need at a price you can afford.
- Brand reputation: Do some research on the brand of the blood pressure watch you’re considering. Look for reviews from other users and consider the reputation of the brand in the market.
Are these really the best blood pressure watches?
The best blood pressure monitor will always be an FDA-approved or cleared medical device. A smartwatch will always be an alternative. When considering all the fitness watches offer, a balance must be found between your budget and expectations.
Wearable blood pressure watches have a lot to offer. However, always consider them to quickly obtain information about your blood pressure and not as a clinical device.
In case of doubts, the data will still have to be taken with a grain of salt. Always consult your doctor, pharmacist, or other healthcare professionals if your blood pressure needs extra monitoring.
Buying a Blood Pressure Watch FAQ
A blood pressure watch uses sensors to measure the pressure of blood flowing through the arteries in your wrist. It then displays the readings on a screen.How Do Smart Watches Measure Blood Pressure
Is a blood pressure watch accurate?
Blood pressure watches can be accurate, but they may not be as accurate as a traditional blood pressure cuff that is used by a healthcare professional. It is important to note that blood pressure can vary throughout the day and can be affected by factors such as stress, caffeine, and tobacco use.Will wearables ever accurately measure blood pressure?
How do I choose a blood pressure watch?
When choosing a blood pressure watch, consider factors such as the brand and its reputation, the accuracy of the device, and the features it offers (e.g. automatic readings, Bluetooth connectivity). It is also a good idea to read reviews and ask your healthcare provider for recommendations.
How do I use a blood pressure watch?
To use a blood pressure watch, place it on your wrist and press the start button. The device will inflate a cuff around your wrist and take a reading. The results will be displayed on the screen. Follow the manufacturer’s instructions for proper use.
Can I rely on a blood pressure watch for my blood pressure readings?
While a blood pressure watch can be a useful tool for monitoring your blood pressure, it is important to also have your blood pressure checked regularly by a healthcare professional. Blood pressure readings from a watch should not be used to diagnose or treat any medical conditions. If you have concerns about your blood pressure or your overall health, it is important to speak with a healthcare provider.
How do you check blood pressure on a smartwatch?
To check blood pressure on a smartwatch:
- Place the smartwatch on your wrist and make sure it is properly fitted.
- Open the blood pressure tracking app on your smartwatch.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to take a reading. This may involve holding your arm still and remaining seated or lying down during the measurement.
- Wait for the reading to be taken and displayed on the screen.
It is important to follow the manufacturer’s instructions for taking a blood pressure reading on your specific smartwatch, as the process may vary slightly from device to device.
It is also important to note that blood pressure readings from a smartwatch may not be as accurate as those taken by a healthcare professional using a traditional blood pressure cuff.